advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Busta LIMEs - Winter League 2013    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat, 02.02.13 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To our many fans and haters,
We here at the Busta Limes circlejerk appreciate your patience as we take a quick break from thought-provoking, in-depth analysis of the FDA Winter league.
The majority of our writing staff has a previous engagement today that will (or should) prevent us from contributing to the boards in the normal way*.
Rest assured - after tomorrow's games, we will be back with coverage of all the gory details, including how Jody's attempt at the Spanish Inquisition fares.

Regards,
STFU

*viz. getting hammered and making inciteful comments.
clayclay

PostPosted: Sat, 02.02.13 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
To our many fans and haters,
We here at the Busta Limes circlejerk appreciate your patience as we take a quick break from thought-provoking, in-depth analysis of the FDA Winter league.
The majority of our writing staff has a previous engagement today that will (or should) prevent us from contributing to the boards in the normal way*.
Rest assured - after tomorrow's games, we will be back with coverage of all the gory details, including how Jody's attempt at the Spanish Inquisition fares.

Regards,
STFU

*viz. getting hammered and making inciteful comments.

You have fans?
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sat, 02.02.13 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Ive always been told that Im too small, Im not big enough, Im not fast enough, I dont have what it takes.

I don't think you're too small. You're certainly fast enough. Sorry if I just annihilated the basis for your entire belief structure - namely that no-one thinks you have what it takes.
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had one lady today, and both teams dictated 5-2 on every offense point (of theirs) to force us to play 5-1.

It didn't work well for White. They turned it over on the second throw of the game (well, CallaCam made a layout D...). Despite being up a player for half the points - and Mills'/Kreps' scrumtralescent upside down throws - they couldn't hang.
Good game. Leflar called one of the 2/3 fouls on himself; I called the other on him. Note to the prepubescent peanut gallery: Leflar didn't contest my call because he knows what a foul is. Of course, he's also not an arrogant prick, so...

Red looked like they had us when they took half 7-5. We came out strong after half and tied it at 7-7. Then 8-8.
The critical moment came when we were receiving, 11-11.
After each team turned it, we threw it away again. Red capitalized, and then broke again to win 13-11.
Good game. Hope you heal soon, Jody (ankle, early in the game).
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Nguyen had an absolutely amazing catch over Joe Garrett to take lead over red 11-10. Great game with Red, great spirit.
Toblerone

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I threw it directly to Patrick the last point and then followed it up by an extremely horrible throw to Joe, neither of which were on our team.

Sorry Limeys
AbeBabe

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Note to the prepubescent peanut gallery: Leflar didn't contest my call because he knows what a foul is. Of course, he's also not an arrogant prick, so...

You wouldn't be calling us arrogant pricks would you?
Have you heard what you say to people while they're playing?
I don't care if you bash us, but don't be a hypocrite.

Last edited by AbeBabe on Sun, 02.03.13 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Supafunky

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Alan Nguyen had an absolutely amazing catch over Joe Garrett to take lead over red 11-10. Great game with Red, great spirit.

Agree on both counts. Alan's catch was sick. The spirit in this game was really good. I saw calls that could have gone either way and there was some passionate discourse around these, but the parties made their case and moved on. Sometimes people took back the calls (Chris) or retracted their contest (Jacob).

It was also a blast watching Pat and Chris go against each other.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sun, 02.03.13 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope a rematch occurs that includes Jones and Lime's full roster of ladies. Had a lot of fun playing against both.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

purple and black showed great spirit yesterday when i threw a callahan to kaplan. no one shamed me at all.

however, a new word was born: kaplahan

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack

Last edited by ROCOBaller on Mon, 02.04.13 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbeBabe wrote:

You wouldn't be calling us arrogant pricks would you?

That, I would. But to clarify, it's only you and Nassir. I haven't heard a negative word about Kaplan, clayclay, Larkin, Ian, etc. in WL.
You two make calls based on impulse rather than analysis of what happened.

Quote:

Have you heard what you say to people while they're playing?

I say a lot of insensitive, argumentative crap. I heckle friends and enemies.
But to go along with the previous line of thought, there is a major difference between what *I* say when there is a call vs. what *you two* say.

I insist on a plain-English explanation of what the other party thinks happened. In contrast, you knuckleheads just say the call (foul, contest, in, out, up, down, whatever) and demand that I accept your terrible interpretation of the rules without discussing what actually happened.
So when we are discussing my "out of bounds" call on Nassir, I explain that his first point of ground contact after gaining possession by stopping rotation of the spinning disc was NOT entirely within bounds, as his chest (out of bounds) and lower body (in bounds) made contact simultaneously.
You guys just said "in" for the longest time. Eventually, I think Nassir eased up a bit and said "my feet never left the ground", but he could never address what was contested: did his chest hit at the same time? (Or really, did he can control once his chest was already on the ground) We all agreed that his feet never left the ground. We disagreed that this was sufficient to determine if he was in or out. Granted, I questioned if ANYONE knew the out-of-bounds rules after that game (after our player said that he straddled the line when he came down with the disc, it was sent back to the thrower... ???)

So I don't know if that helps clear things up. I have other examples, if my fans want to hear them. Or you can just look up my recap of the Pink game last summer.

Speaking of making calls based on ignorance of the rules, have you had a chance to look up "extrapolate" in the 11th edition yet?

Quote:
I don't care if you bash us, but don't be a hypocrite.

I figured I'd look it up, since that's what I do...
Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually hold and may even regularly violate.
Fair enough. To suggest that your (alleged) version of being a prick is worse than mine isn't right.
Maybe I should have just said "you whippersnappers better not turn out like me!" (Pretty sure I told our favorite Jenks student that while he was driving a drunken Cam/Brosh/Chuck trio around Austin last year... anywho.)

And N1CK, sorry for the non-sarcastic italics.
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
purple and black showed great spirit yesterday when i through a callahan to kaplan. no one shamed me at all.

however, a new word was born: kaplahan

I think the threshold is now TWO callahans in a single game.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supafunky wrote:
Cam Wow wrote:

Pat Randall and Chris Brosh?
CaseyK

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You guys, that's just what Jody is in to.

Quote:
Leflar didn't contest my call because he knows what a foul is. Of course, he's also not an arrogant prick

Better hope Leflar never hears about this. I believe he claims "arrogant prick" with pride.
cmohr

PostPosted: Mon, 02.04.13 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Supafunky wrote:
Cam Wow wrote:

Pat Randall and Chris Brosh?

Ya that's what the entire lime team was thinking too. But to pats defense, he played lights out yesterday. Had some lay out catches as well as a jump over Brosh on a huck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: