advanced search

Username:    Password:   

If you're into great travel on a budget   
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tease

PostPosted: Fri, 01.25.13 10:14 am    Post subject: If you're into great travel on a budget Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Some of you guys probably already know that if you're looking to travel in a less developed nation, the best way to get around is by being with a Peace Corps Volunteer who lives there. But what do you do if you don't know any Volunteers in the country you're looking to visit?

Three of my buddies who were also Volunteers in Panama had the awesome idea of starting a travel website based on the communities we served in. This means you get to visit remote areas that most guides would charge an arm and a leg for, pay less, and the money would go right to the community. They will also recommend guiding services that they have found work responsibly with the community in case roughing it isn't your thing. It's an amazing project in my opinion, and I will be using it regularly once I get around to leaving the country again.

They are still very new and hoping to grow, but check out their website, and if you think it's a really good idea like me, consider donating a few bucks to their project.

keteka.com

or to donate: http://www.indiegogo.com/keteka/x/2217987

here's their profile of my old community: http://www.keteka.com/destinations/latin-america/panama/embera_puru/

Thanks for the plug,

Sara T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: