advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Yellow Submarines    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 11:24 am    Post subject: Yellow Submarines Reply with quote

Week 2 Actual: Yellow 3-1 with +12 point margin.

Week 2 altered: Yellow 1-3 with 0 point margin.
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's all this? Problems with the leaguevine app?
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah we won both games yesterday and fought hard but had two people play that still had yet to pay. I had forgotten about it so we get 12-13 losses for both games. Just wish we could get penalized for future games, thought that seemed more fair...like the two pay next week and have to wait a week suspension or something, that way we don't get losses on wins, but still are fairly penalized.
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Nah we won both games yesterday and fought hard but had two people play that still had yet to pay. I had forgotten about it so we get 12-13 losses for both games. Just wish we could get penalized for future games, thought that seemed more fair...like the two pay next week and have to wait a week suspension or something, that way we don't get losses on wins, but still are fairly penalized.

Help me out here, as I am missing plenty of the details (not a captain, been deleting emails, etc.)

1. Was a hard deadline announced for when players would not be able to play? I guess in my mind this week was the same as last: "pay, or you can't play". Last week we had 5-6 who hadn't paid; not sure about this week.
Also, Winter League taught us that we can play for multiple weeks without paying... and don't I owe Boy a few bucks for actually playing??

2. Was such a punishment (after-the-fact, completely reversing the outcome of two games, etc) ever discussed as a possibility, or did the TD decide this ad hoc? It seems extreme to punish an entire team (who has paid) when the purpose of the rule is to have everyone pay. Or maybe the purpose is to introduce loopholes with which we can hang an unfortunate team on a whim.

3. Wasn't one of the games that you played AGAINST the TD? Did he mention anything about illegal players before/during the game, or did he just let you guys win before breaking the news? Without the details, all I can do is *speculate* that this is total BULLSHIT.

4. Were any other teams penalized/punished? Has due diligence been exercised to ensure that punishment for illegal play has been equally applied to all teams (or at least to the teams that beat Will on Tuesday)?

5. Were any other options discussed? I'd suggest that the two players in question (pay immediately, and) sit out during your next encounters with the two teams in question. The outcome of these games will count double - replacing the score of the two games you just played (like in school, score replacement or whatever). Or have the players pay a surcharge or sit out in some other future game(s).

This is all a little suspect.
kdoe

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys its just Summer League...its about teaching...who cares who won or who lost until the tournament. Its not suspect...we need people to pay before they play. Sure things could be communicated better, but don't whine...just get your players to pay...please. Thank you.
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdoe wrote:
Guys its just Summer League...its about teaching...who cares who won or who lost until the tournament.

Who cares?!? How about the new players - who PAID ON TIME - who fought hard for their victories on Tuesday? Or maybe even people on ANY team with a sense of justice? This is B.S., pure and simple. I would be greatly dissatisfied if I were awarded some ex-post-facto crap recompense for having to - what - play against some scofflaws?? This isn't the UPA/USAU! (And for more reasons than just our level of competition. They have hard and fast deadlines. Punishment isn't made inconsistently, or with a CLEAR conflict of interests. You're DQ-ed, or you're playing.)
Sheesh, I'd better return my library books before we play Green...

Quote:
Its not suspect...we need people to pay before they play.

Need? You (FDA bigwig) need $30 two days ago more than you need to do what's right by everyone? Again, I got an email that said "you can't play - don't make us sit people out". So who sat out? Were there any players who played without paying first, and without consequences?

And as for the other people who haven't paid (and surely there are more) - why not make their entire teams forfeit, even if the scofflaws aren't showing up? Oh that's right; it's an individual responsibility to pay.
Cam screwed up as captain by letting these thieves play (or by forgetting, whatever).

Quote:
Sure things could be communicated better, but don't whine...just get your players to pay...please. Thank you.

Things could be communicated better, and decisions could be consistent, by a committee, whatever.
And this isn't whining; I'm calling bullshit. And I called bullshit while making several points - none of which have been directly addressed.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just use it as fuel, see y'all Tuesday
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
I'll just use it as fuel, see y'all Tuesday

Hope the rest of your team sees it that way...
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BULLSHIT! FUCK YOU WILL!!!!!!

If I was given the choice to make one of our players sit that week or just play and have to forfeit no matter what, I'd much rather forfeit. The satisfaction I get from winning comes completely from playing hard and outscoring the other team on the field. An extra tally mark in the W column of the Fayetteville AR 2013 FDA summer league regular season archives does nothing for me.

Thanks for the banter though, Chuck.
Jacob

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
we get 12-13 losses for both games

I am also offended the forfeited games being recorded at 12-13. These should go down as 0-7 or 0-13.
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it was clearly communicated that you need to pay to play by week 2 from emails. I don't know what consequences were spelled out to the captains though.

However, the excuse of "I forgot" then just lends to players continuing not to pay on time. As referenced earlier, winter league players waited forever to pay and we did a bad job enforcing and collecting payments. We're trying to correct this and change the behavior. Leagues can potentially lose several hundred dollars each time if people don't pay. Encouraging players to pay on time within the first 2 weeks is not unreasonable. If we say you have to pay to play, and then let players play anyway, the rule will never be taken seriously. And we have to rely on the captains to help enforce the rule, and if we say there are consequences for playing players who haven't paid, but don't enforce those, then they'll continue to forget and no one will take the rule serious.

Players have had over a month at this point to pay since sign up opened. I'd say Will was only unfair if he didn't warn captains they'd take a forfeit for playing unpaid players. I'd say there is a slight degree of shadiness if he realized Cam was playing unpaid players and didn't say anything.

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
CaseyK

PostPosted: Thu, 06.27.13 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is naming their team "Trayvon's (color) Skittles"?
RandomHero

PostPosted: Fri, 06.28.13 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdoe wrote:
Guys its just Summer League...its about teaching...who cares who won or who lost until the tournament. Its not suspect...we need people to pay before they play. Sure things could be communicated better, but don't whine...just get your players to pay...please. Thank you.

king kharl you're stupid so just shut up and go back to colorado.

Everyone knows no rule like this has ever been implimented in any league and especially not after the fact without any fair notice... I would have just not showed up till I got my debit card back and could have paid... that's stupid to let me play and then penalize us, since I still got to play it didn't hurt the person who didn't pay just the rest of the team who did (the opposite of the intent of that rule)

So in summary, king kharl you're stupid and Will youre now terrible at two things, league director and boat racing
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 06.28.13 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are so desperate for $30 that we threaten future scofflaws with inconsistent, impromptu, and unprecedented punishments?

I still don't see how punishing an entire team is helping FDA.

And then the Boatmaster reveals his partiality with a half-ruling (one of the games has been reverted to the original, or something).

T. R. B. L.
Turrible.

So the unilateral, unchecked blowup by a clearly biased party (LD/TD/Boatmaster/whatever) is what we should expect?

Also, I'm not totally sure what K4RL did wrong, except for not knowing how to argue.
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri, 06.28.13 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyK wrote:
So who is naming their team "Trayvon's (color) Skittles"?

Still funnier than the knock-knock joke... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykCfynh36s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: