advanced search

Username:    Password:   

Winter League 2014 Teams    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auxarc

PostPosted: Sun, 01.05.14 9:21 pm    Post subject: Winter League 2014 Teams Reply with quote

Houston: Yellow
Abe Gambert
Houston
Alex Kreps
Kyle Detring
Phil Watson
Jeremiah
Ian Schaffer
Orlando Gavin
Christian Mills
Joaquin Hernandez
Kenneth Buck
Katherine Thacker
Win Szeto
Elizabeth Tappana

king kharl: Brown
Abe Coffin
Pat Randall
Justin Adams
John Bagley
Dustin Harder
Jon Bitler
Eric Olson
Cable Hogue
Gary Ritter
Mario Galvin
Aaron Speaks
Andrea
Morgan Race
Becca Carlson

Jody: Navy Blue
Sylvester Dufus
Jody
Sean Wylie
Luke Dockery
Jason Ketchum
Hayden Hairston
John Schmuecker
Andy Koehler
Sam Franklin
Bob Loos
Clarence Simpson
Aiden Ayers
Heather
Sarah Bey
Olivia Harrington

Austin: White
Kearney
Luke Kennedy
Austin
Cole Borgstadt
Jordan Smith
wayne ramsey
Henry Darnall
Chris Watson
Forest Gaines
Chris Berger
Dan Sines
Rachel P
Brandy
Laura Werner

Vikki: Orange
Brosh
Doug Wolf
Lorenzo Bohl
Alex McEachin
Robert Cheek
Naseer
David Wolf
Joe Sagen
Harrison Hatfield
James McMahon
Jacob Coe
Vikki
Taylor Curtis
Allegra

Jerry: Lime Green
Wes Axtell
Jeff Rehm
Stephen Treanor
Jerry
Taylor Stamps
Will Dockery
Charlie Luu
Billy Lorton
Trent Woessner
Pierce Grimey
Matt Welbourne
April Johnson
Courtney Detring
Carrie Healy

Kaplan: Pink
Kaplan
Travis Lorton
Corey Duncan
Jon Mills
Brandon Spurlock
Larkin
nathan allen
Charlie Adams
Curtis Asher
Justin Leflar
Kirby Cope
Courtney Walbe
Etchy
Clio

Casey: Red
Casey Hooper
Casey Kleinhenz
Logan Miler
Evan Hallmakr
Marcus Payne
Mason Hollis
Bo Gallian
Eliot Schaeffer
Ross Fondren
Noah Shock
Aaron Collie
Laura Brewer
Whitney Koenig..
Kara Dickerman

Tim: Purple
Clay Adams
Cumbarge
Clay Mohr
Tim
Drew Hutchinson
Brad Ericson
Cody Gray
Lex Sullivan
Alex Thomas
Brandon Swordan
Connor Moleske
Dan Evans
Mary Meigs
Jamie McBride
Sarah Behren Wilcox
Ruby

Jacob: Baby Blue
Matt Jackson
Jacob
BWB
Paul Baker
Ryan Patton
Ryan Mils
Corbin Vann
Darion McClendon
Colin Walbe
Mike King
Rolando Cuevas
Lydia Campbell
Andy Prieto
Sarah Letzeller
Jazzlyn

Will Sharp: Black
Brian Trussell
Stu Allgood
Bob Lee
Will Sharp
Ryan Sheehan
Adeeb
David Luke Himmler
Adam Bridges
Barry Hart
Matt Parisi
Anthony Hartwick
Gary Graystell
Helen Ames
Amy Lee
Ashleigh Price
Alyson McNaghten

Vlada: Hunter Green
Earl Evans
Jones Clemons
Toby Con Rembo
Toad Ericson
Daniel Smith
Paul Johnson
Chester Olson
Dr Doug
Steve Rauback
Jake Houser
Dallas M
Gary Welbourne
Vlada
Danielle Blatt
Desiree

Last edited by auxarc on Mon, 01.06.14 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ROCOBaller

PostPosted: Sun, 01.05.14 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will enjoy the king kharl/Jacob match up in the finals

i tend to think of myself as one woman wolf pack
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun, 01.05.14 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCOBaller wrote:
I will enjoy the king kharl/Jacob match up in the finals

Especially if Pat and Bagley play shirtless...
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Sun, 01.05.14 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will only play if Willie calls all of our lines. I don't care what method he uses.
clayclay

PostPosted: Mon, 01.06.14 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow: Looks like Gambino's going to have become a one-man show for this team to do well, something he's capable of. Houston and Kreps are good players but I'm not sure how they'll match up with other teams' top players. I guess we'll have to see. Hoping for a coming out season from Ian Shaffer.

Brown: Props to king kharl for managing to get Abe Coffin and Andrea on the same team. Pat, Bustin, and Dustin are solid players as well. Cable Hogue played Division II basketball and is 6'7". If he puts in the effort, he could be one of the steal picks of the draft. I expect this to be a team in the finals.

Jody: Seabass will be a great player if he shows up. Wylie and LDoc are good players and although I don't know much about Ketchum, I've heard he's good. Hopefully Aidan can score more. Hayden will be sexy as fuck. (Not really)

Austin: This team will be really athletic with Kearney, Luke Kennedy, and Austin. It also has one of the top high school players in Cole Borgstadt and four LS players that could do well. Jordan Smith played league in Dallas during high school and could become a solid contributor on this team. Rachel P will be able to match up with most girls in this league.

Vikki: I think this will be a pretty good team. Brosh, Doug Wolf, and Lorenzo will anchor this team and will possess a variety of skills. Alex is a solid handle and I think Naseer will perform better than would be expected from a 6th round pick. Vikki will be one of the best girl handlers as always.

Jerry: Drafting Wes Axtell in the first round has its risks. He's a really good player but attendance could be an issue. I did the same thing last league and he didn't show up for the whole league. Hopefully, things change this year. Treanor is a junior that transferred from UCA to the U of A this year and will be a solid player for this team. He's also a scrumtralescent guy. I don't know much about the rest of the team. Trent Woesnner is an improving high school player and Pierce Grimey is a 6'6" college freshman who is very raw but has potential to be a very good player if he gives it a couple of years. April and Courtney Detring were good draft picks.

Kaplan: Kaplan's evolution into a top 5 player in Fayetteville has been something to watch. I remember him being a tiny sophomore in high school who could barely even throw. Props to him for improving and putting in work in basketball and translating it onto the ultimate field. Him, Travis, Corey, and Mills will provide a great core for this team to build around. I'm not convinced that they'll be in the top tier of league teams but I wouldn't surprised if they broke through. Hopefully, Charlie Adams can carry his work from the weight room to ultimate.

Casey: Boy, Casey K and Logan are an okay top 3 for this team. Looks like Coach Casey used rounds 5-8 to pick LS players he wants to develop for the college season. I hope he coaches them up and comes out every week, although I've heard he won't show up for half of league. LMac will be a force to be reckoned with.

Tim: This will probably be a huck-happy team with the presence of Cumbarge and the two Clays. It'll work when they play teams they're more athletic than but they'll have to adjust their strategy when they play teams with more athletes. I hope Cody Gray breaks out his Go Pro every week.

Jacob: If BWB is just like his brother, this team will be dangerous. Having a distributor like Jacob and pairing him with Matty J, BWB, and Paul Baker means they'll likely have a great offense. Lydia and Andy will do well as well.

Will: Brian and Stu are a great 1-2 punch. Bob Lee is solid and Will is doing good. If Adeeb gets back in form, he'll be a steal pick. Matt Parisi is a steal for getting drafted near the end of the draft. I expect this team to make it to semi's.

Vlada: Earl and Jones will match up well with any team they play, although Jones getting drafted in the 2nd round means he probably won't show up much. Toby, Toad and Daniel have plenty of experience but I wonder if their age will hurt them when they play younger, more athletic teams.

Predicted Standings

1. Blue
2. Brown
3. Orange
4. Black
5. Pink
6. Navy Blue
7. Yellow
8. Purple
9. White
10. Lime Green
11. Hunter Green
12. Red

Semi's:
Blue v. Pink
Brown v. Orange

Finals:
Blue v. Brown

Champions: Blue
Chuck

PostPosted: Mon, 01.06.14 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something something Team Mugshot for Vlada's team if they win.

#toosoon?
AbeBabe

PostPosted: Wed, 01.08.14 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winter League Prediction:

Naseer will break someones nose

All the young players will be told they have terrible spirit

There will be two WL days of snow

Jacobs team will win

Casey will only show up for half of league

Marcus Payne and Jordan Smith become league all-stars

Someone in the league gets arrested

having 12 teams will prove to be a poor decision

and everyone will wish this was an indoor league.

Basically, just a normal winter league.
Elvin

Location: The Science Department's big Oppenheimer Pinata Party

PostPosted: Thu, 01.09.14 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayclay wrote:
If he puts in the effort..
if he shows up..
Attendance could be an issue..
He didn't show up for the whole league..
He won't show up for half of league..
He probably won't show up much..

I agree with this person. Frisbee people are the worst!
Earl

PostPosted: Sat, 01.11.14 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones had better show up! T T and D have plenty of youth left.... well Toad has the brawn to deal with his lack of youth Smile
clayclay wrote:

Vlada: Earl and Jones will match up well with any team they play, although Jones getting drafted in the 2nd round means he probably won't show up much. Toby, Toad and Daniel have plenty of experience but I wonder if their age will hurt them when they play younger, more athletic teams.

Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sat, 01.11.14 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do girls really get 2 points for a score? If so, that's even more retarded than the fact we have bye rounds every week. But not as retarded as not getting fields secured and deciding to go with 12 teams beforehand so it's even more of an issue. But still slightly more retarded than having your girls that are almost savage, playing pickup between games. But none of this is remotely as retarded as the league coordinator thinking this comes off as equal and fair, when in reality he has a girl on his team that makes his team ridiculously unfair. "Alright guys, were down two, it's the end of the game, let's hit Andrea for the score so we are up."

The only argument against this is that it's "just league", so let's just not keep score and just have fun Smile
Jacob

PostPosted: Sat, 01.11.14 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
Do girls really get 2 points for a score?

Cam Wow wrote:
"Alright guys, were down two... let's hit Andrea for the score so we are up."

In my opinion if a team is down 2 points and throws a goal worth 2 points, then that game would be tied. But maybe you're slightly retarded.
SharpWill28

PostPosted: Sat, 01.11.14 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rule is that a girl who throws to a girl receives two points. The FDA is trying to find a way for guys to throw to women more because that happens a lot. Open women get looked off because guys view it as a risk, this is extra incentive. What isn't "equal and fair" is how much guys don't throw to open girls.

The city had led us to believe Lewis would be fine and it turned out it wasn't. This is unfortunate, but not "retarded" at all, actually. The alternative would have been using two field sites, but we're trying to shoot for a sense of community among players so king kharl thought it was important for us all to be in the same location.

Girls don't have to play pick up games, obviously. They are just allowed to. I don't know how this is "retarded" either. I personally will probably not get pick ups unless I only have one girl. Its up to the girls if they want to play and its up to the captains if they want to get someone. Don't know why you think this is such a terrible idea. I think you just like to complain.

If you think king kharl cares so much about this league that he made up a rule to benefit his team, you're not thinking very well. Considering king kharl isn't playing and is only captaining because we couldn't get 12 from the community, I doubt he'd bending rules just so he can win league.

If you want people to take your complaint seriously, I probably would avoid using the word "retarded" four times in one paragraph. It's bad writing and just bad in general.

See you tomorrow.
Cam Wow

PostPosted: Sun, 01.12.14 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to contribute in a retarded grammar by using the word retarded a retarded amount. You're more than welcome to think I am being retarded, however I just think this is retarded. I don't complain that often in the history of league, I just think this league seems kinda goofy to be honest. I do here you however, you're correct king kharl isn't playing, so he probably didn't set this rule for him obviously. But in general I feel this league seems so unorganized. But I'll shut up, clearly you guys think all this as captains is going to work, and I am not one. So y'all do what you thinks best. I'll be coming out tomorrow to play either way regardless.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun, 01.12.14 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Wow wrote:
I tried to contribute in a retarded grammar by using the word retarded a retarded amount. You're more than welcome to think I am being retarded, however I just think this is retarded. I don't complain that often in the history of league, I just think this league seems kinda goofy to be honest. I do here you however, you're correct king kharl isn't playing, so he probably didn't set this rule for him obviously. But in general I feel this league seems so unorganized. But I'll shut up, clearly you guys think all this as captains is going to work, and I am not one. So y'all do what you thinks best. I'll be coming out tomorrow to play either way regardless.

Cam you're right to voice your feelings on all these subjects... that's how we learn about how bad our league coordinator is ruining league.

Let Will and Jacob say whatever they want (its hard for them to get their tongues out of king kharl's butt from time to time) just pay no attention.
Jacob

PostPosted: Sun, 01.12.14 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Let... Jacob say whatever (he) want(s)... just pay no attention.

God forbid Cam correctly uses simple arithmetic to support his argument.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LS-ultimate.com Forum Index -> Forum GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: